Sania Mirza Wedding news


If You Talk About Spanking a 28-year-Old You Better be Prepared to Face the Music: Punit Malhotra on Shobaa De


Punit Malhotra, who’s just helmed the hit movie “I Hate Luv Storys” for Dharma Productions, says he’s hoping someone casts him as a leading man next.

“I won’t cast myself in my next directorial project. I can’t direct and act together. But I’d like to act in a film next. An actor is what I came here to be,” said Punit.

But before that Punit is off on a holiday. Is he joining his leading Sonam Kapoor in Edinburgh where she returns to shoot for “Mausam”?

The buzz about the director seeing his leading lady just got stronger with people close to the two whispering that Punit is off to spend quality time with her in Edinburgh after the film’s success.

Though Punit, euphoric with the success of “I Hate Luv Storys”, admits he’s off on a holiday he completely denies he is love-bound.

“I am not going to Scotland. I am going to the US for my holiday. I’ve lots of friends there I want to catch up with before I begin to plan my next film. If you want I can send you pictures of me posing at the Statue Of Liberty,” he said.

Apparently the success party of his film has also been put off until Punit returns from his holiday.

The fact that Sonam too will be back home in a month is just a coincidence. Once Punit returns he will start work on his next film.

“It won’t be a rom-com,” he promises. But yes it will star his pals Imran Khan and Sonam again.

And if you thought the young filmmaker would be embarrassed and apologetic about his run-in with columnist-writer Shobha De, who threatened to spank him after watching “I Hate Luv Storys”, you are quite wrong.

In fact, Punit says he removed his shrivelling retort to Shobha’s comment only because his mother asked him to.

“My mother gave me hell about my remark on Shobha De. She wanted to know how I could talk someone my mother’s age that way. Of course I wouldn’t say such a thing to anyone! I’ve been brought up to respect my seniors. But if you going to talk about spanking a 28-year-old you better be prepared to face the music.”

Punit says he has no problems with the bad reviews for his film.

“It’s a free country. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I respect everyone’s opinion. But you can’t spank me if you didn’t like my film. We aren’t living in the Taliban. No, I am not at all apologetic about what I said.”

Asked would he be willing to be cast in a film written by Shobha De, he said: “I’d get spanked on the sets every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site By Keywords